Skip to product information
1 of 2

WDCE

2021 Wild Duck Creek Estate Springflat Shiraz 3L D-Magnums

2021 Wild Duck Creek Estate Springflat Shiraz 3L D-Magnums

Regular price $359.00 AUD
Regular price Sale price $359.00 AUD
Sale Sold out
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Critic tasting note: (2008 vintage) "This is a big, fruit-driven style of Shiraz, with great aromas and flavors of camphor, vanilla, dark toast and cassis. There's just enough structure to give it focus, although it lacks a bit of textural richness on the midpalate. Drink this supple wine over the next few years." - 90/100Wine Enthusiast

Springflat Shiraz is composed from 5 specific vineyard sites across the region. Parcels from our Adairs Lane Vineyard in the south make up 60% of the blend, with the remaining 40% coming from Farmers Picnic, Mt Pleasant, Col Mountain and Spring Plains Vineyards. Up to 50% whole bunches used in 60% of the batches of the 2021. Deep and dark red in colour. An intensely aromatic Springflat with the whole bunches giving a powerful lift of blue and black fruits, liquorice all sorts, nutmeg and tilled earth. The palate is rich yet has a lightness to it. Gripping tannins carry flavours of dark fruit cake, cocoa, sweet spice and charred meats to a long and textural finish. Intensity without heaviness. Matured for 20 months in 40% new French and American oak hogsheads and barriques. Cellaring potential – 15+ years. Best drinking from 2025. 15.6% Vol.

 

Low stock: 1 left

View full details